January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!


Just a quick post to ring in the new year! It was a mellow evening, not much out of the ordinary, but at about 10 to midnight, we turned on the TV and watched the countdown. Had a smooch at midnight, then gave a smooch to the kiddos, both fast asleep. Connor was a bit upset by the wake up, but fell back asleep quickly.

Derek and I started a new tradition today. We wrote our resolutions on Chinese Fire lanterns, and released them into the sky, watching until they faded from sight.

Had Connor been more receptive to being awake, we would have let him make his mark on a lantern also. So, the first true Mellott tradition begins, and next year we'll be sure Connor is able to partake, and we'll see how little Camryn fares also.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy 2010. May all your wishes come true.

3 comments:

Mom x2 said...

Wow what a wonderful new tradition. I don't know why but reading this made me teary! You have such a sweet and wonderful family Lori. Many blessings to you in 2010!

Theresa said...

I just love this! Can I copycat your tradition?

Derek said...

Thanks everyone!

LIssa - You are too sweet! :) It made me teary writing it! That's the curse of being a mom, I think! May you have a wonderful 2010 with your beautiful girls also!

Theresa - Of course you can copycat our tradition! Maybe next year you and Gord should come over here for New Years Eve! :)

(On Derek's laptop so I'm posting as him!)

 
design by suckmylolly.com